top of page

Student Connect

Public·266 students

BS503 Students: What are some specific ways you have reached out to false believers and unbelievers in your sphere of influence? What approaches have been most effective? What approaches have fallen short? Provide a substantial response to this post AND a students.

Stephen Jehucal Ternyik
Sam Shavers
Michelle Frase
yesterday

When reaching out to non-Christians and unbelievers within my circle of influence, I've use various approaches to engage in a meaningful way. Building genuine relationships has been foundational, as care and empathy opens doors for deeper conversations about faith. Sharing my personal testimony has proven effective in illustrating how my beliefs have positively impacted my life, making Christianity relatable. Inviting them to church events or Christian gatherings has also been fruitful, providing opportunities for them to experience a community of believers firsthand. Additionally, studying the Bible together has helped address misconceptions and explore spiritual truths in a respectful manner. All of this happens within the context of a relationship with the other person, not a sermon or preaching.

Approaches that have often fallen short include being overly aggressive or argumentative, which can lead to defensiveness and hinder open dialogue. It's crucial to avoid judgmental attitudes and instead demonstrate Christ-like love through acts of kindness and service. Consistency in my words and actions is also important, as inconsistency can undermine trust.

Ultimately, I strive to listen actively, respect their boundaries, and pray for guidance in every interaction, understanding that building genuine connections and addressing spiritual matters with patience and understanding takes time and effort.

Modificato
Mi piace

About

This group are for students, current and former, enrolled in...
bottom of page