top of page

Student Connect

Public·266 students

BS506: What importance does the physical land of Israel (Palestine) now have for God's plan for His people? Do you think the return of the Jews to that land is the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies? How should Christians respond to the current conflicts in that area of the world? Should we "take sides"? Be respectful in your response.

Answer this question, you do not need to respond to another students opinion.

Stephen Jehucal Ternyik
Shineth Cunanan Gonzales
William Cornelison
2 days ago

During the Old Testament days, the land of Israel was a sacred place for God's people but is it still considered sacred in modern day. There are a few ways in which I think Israel remains significant to God in in our modern day. The land of Israel helps us in the understanding and believing the word of God. There have been many archeological finds in this area that can strengthen or provide proof that the word of the Bible and the many stories of the Bible existed as it is written. I also believe that the land of Israel provides an example of what God has in plans for his new creation of Heaven and earth. I also think it provides a home for God's chosen people, the Jews. For 2,000 years the land of Israel saw small numbers of Jews in the land but in the 19th and 20th centuries, Jewish people began immigrating back into Israel, which led to the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948. I also think that the land of Israel is significant to God because of the fact that He, in the person of his Son, Jesus Christ, was born, lived, died and rose again. His dealings with this land shows his power.

About

This group are for students, current and former, enrolled in...
bottom of page